It's looking good so far! I had made you a video on Halloween night! ^_^ :
Abyss: Prison of Fear
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Abyss: Prison of Fear™ is an atmospheric puzzle adventure inspired by Myst and Riven but with a darker tone for a Halloween season release. This is meant to be a very small experience — just a prototype and practice project — not an expansive, full game.
If you enjoy it or have any trouble with it, please contact me: Drew on Twitter
I currently recommend mouse/keyboard (WASD) but xbox gamepad is technically supported, although it needs a lot of work to feel proper.
THIS IS A FIRST
Note that this is my first time making a game with:
- first person 3D perspective and interaction
- semi-realistic reflection, refraction, and indirect lighting
- mostly pre-made audio/visual assets I didn't create myself
- original puzzle design and a Myst like adventure
- dark, spooky theme for Halloween
- Oct 31, v0.0.9.2 fixes, tweaks, polish... time to play!
- Oct 30, v0.0.9.1 fixes, tweaks, polish
- Oct 29, v0.0.9 Feels: ambient audio and finale
- Oct 23, v0.0.8.1 fixes and tweaks
- Oct 22, v0.0.8 Pathfinder: challenge upgrade
- Oct 17, v0.0.7 Firestone: graphics overhaul
- Oct 14, v0.0.6 Title Mode: smooth transitions
- Oct 9, v0.0.5 Dark Mode: lights down low
- Oct 7, v0.0.4 Footsteps: ground types
- Oct 4, v0.0.3 Sounds: interaction sounds
- Oct 3, v0.0.2 Puzzles: interactions begin
- Sep 24, v0.0.1 Maze: walking simulator
Project started September 24th, 2019 a.k.a Myst's 26th anniversary.
Hours invested into this project: 170
Windows: download, unzip, and run: Abyss.exe
Mac & Linux: the same, but I don't have Mac or Linux to test on here, so please let me know if you experience any problems
- Staring Into The Abyss: Post Halloween Review12 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
thanks so much for booting it up! sad that you missed most of the game. you seemed to overlook ***PUZZLE SPOILERS***
that you can walk up the stone ramp and that you can push a button to operate the gates. and i'd love to improve it to avoid that: what do you think made it tough to realize that there was more to the game?
As Usual Gameplay from Z9ZGAMES Channel!!
With All Thanks to the Creator of the Game!!