Blockship Space Shooter: Angry Pixelsplosions
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
You're a red brick in space. Everything else is a target. Shoot em up!
WHAT IS THIS?
My second prototype-a-month project from back in 2014. This was my first attempt at a space shootemup. It is largely preserved as it was back then, insofar as the core gameplay, graphics, and audio haven't changed, but I've updated it just enough to make the experience a bit more pleasant with quality of life improvements and a few basic options.
Original 2014 features include:
- bricks, pixel confetti graphics, and retro sounds
- original electronic music in the background
- basic blasters, blaster powerup, seeking missiles
- simple score counter and player stats (nothing saved)
- gamepad and keyboard support
- rad slow motion game over screen
New 2018 feature upgrades:
- your highscore is now saved to your computer
- dpad support and improved keyboard support
- volume controls and music mute feature
- control info shown on pause screen
- game autopauses if window loses focus
- multiple resolution options including full screen
- title screen added
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.